Welcome to Security Catalyst #5. Thanks to the excellent feedback, we have another exciting program to help take a look at the security behind the story.
Note: If you are currently subscribed, you will notice the feeds are going to change in the next few days (hopefully before the next show). We are switching to feedburner, and using the “smartcast” options.
If you’re ready, download show #5 here (42 MB, 45 minutes long)
On todays show
Parental Responsibility Act, 2000
New Jersey Senate passes “parental responsibility” legislation
Sony, the Saga Continues
Sony, Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far
Microsoft to Zap Sony DRM ‘Rootkit’
World of Warcraft hackers using Sony BMG rootkit
Sony Suspends CD Copy Protection
Microsoft Pushes For Federal Privacy Legislation
Skype Blocking (again)
US company hopes to block Skype in China
The following tracks from the podsafe music collection of podshow were used during episode #5.
Things to do:
* subscribe with the RSS 2.0 feed(s) to your right
* check out the message board @ Security Synergy (registration required)
* add yourself to the security catalyst map
* Call the listener feedback line: 206-333-1936
* If you liked the show, tell a friend; if you didn’t, tell me!