A common concern voiced in the industry is that people simply do not, and sometimes cannot, understand why they are asked to take actions for the sake of security. However, the challenge lies less with the individuals themselves than it does with a paradox introduced in Into the Breach and expanded into an applied model [click here to learn more].
The current accepted approaches to security awareness mask the real challenge.
In this security awareness roundtable, Steve Ellis and Chris Carpinello join me to explain and explore the real challenge underlying security and security awareness: the “human paradox gap” (HPG).
Listen to our recording to learn:
- The human paradox gap (HPG)
- How the Human Paradox Gap impacts security and security awareness
- Why the gap has to be bridged in order to gain effectiveness
The audio of the roundtable is now available for download and enjoyment. Don’t forget to explore why the definition of security awareness matters.
This is only the beginning.
To learn how to connect people to the consequences of their actions with effective communication and positive approaches that inspire behavior change:
- Explore how to learn effective communication from Michael
- Inspire colleagues with a keynote presentation on how to bridge the gap,
- Work with Michael to upgrade existing materials and training to effective communication.